Edinburgh International Festival concerts and recitals announced
In a press conference yesterday, Festival Director, Fergus Linehan unveiled the classical music programme at the heart of the Edinburgh International Festival in 2015. Highlights include:
- a rare performance of Sibelius’s Kullervo with mezzo soprano Anna Larsson, conducted by Edward Gardner;
- two concerts with San Francisco Symphony Orchestra and their renowned Music Director Michael Tilson Thomas;
- concert performances of Stravinsky's The Rake's Progress with Andrew Staples, Catherine Wyn-Rogers, Peter Rose and Alan Oke with the Scottish Chamber Orchestra and Sir Andrew Davies and HMS Pinafore with John Mark Ainsley, Toby Spence and Neal Davies with the Scottish Opera and Richard Egarr.
- Olga Pudova sings Queen of the night in The Magic Flute from Komische Oper Berlin.
- Mozart concerts with the Budapest Festival Orchestra including Mozart's Requiem with Miah Persson;
- recitals from Sarah Connolly and Malcolm Martineau, Iestyn Davies and Ensemble Guadagni, Christine Brewer and the Zehetmair Quartet.